Corporate Tax Manager - Top 10 Firm
This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
The client is a top 10 firm based in Southampton know for having a great reputation and progressive culture.
- To act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
- There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery on their portfolio
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner /Principle informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review.
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principle/ Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Must provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist Partners in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and management of staff
- Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Partner/Manager meetings and by attendance at social functions
- Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
- Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
Sales and Marketing:
- Must be able to recognise business development opportunities and inform and work with the Partner and the client to develop these when they arise
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work
Communication and representation:
- Develop contact with clients at senior level and maintain contact with other levels as appropriate to ensure the firm has the confidence of the client
- Contribute centrally by lecturing on internal courses
- To work on own initiative
- Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Staff management experience
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
- Ability to profitably manage a client portfolio
- To actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing direct with clients
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
Very competitive salary and great corporate benefits.
If you are interested in this role or similar roles within practice please get in contact directly with Jack Hughes on **************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497292