Content Editor EMEA (Editor Cultural Institute)
Duration: 6 months Temp PAYE
Our client, a leading global internet organisation are looking for a writer and editor with proven experience creating, editing and commissioning arts and culture content for digital publications. You must have a keen interest in museums, the arts and an awareness of current exhibits. Most importantly, you must excel at making art, history and culture stories enjoyable for those who aren't experts or academics.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Commissioning editorial features - either as standalone features, or to help support new partner launches, marketing moments and other promotional opportunities.
- Writing culture stories.
- Working closely with Head of Editorial on production calendar of original and commissioned stories.
- Helping to copy-edit and give judgement checks to copy across the organisation's Arts & Culture platform.
Requirements will Include:
- Experience editing and commissioning work from freelance writers/third party contributors for online publications.
- To be equally comfortable producing short word stories as you are working on longer features that require interviews and research.
- Self-starter, used to writing for tight deadlines.
- Very organised and works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to forward-plan.
- Proven experience in curating clickable headlines and an understanding of what makes a story shareable.
PLEASE NOTE as much as we'd love to get back to all our candidates, due to high volume applications, if you haven't heard from us within 7 days, then you've been unsuccessful in this instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959486276