Senior Finance Manager
Senior Finance Manager
Central London- St Pauls
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
£70,000 - £80,000 basic salary plus benefits
Methods is an established £60m professional services organisation providing a range of innovative business and digital technology services, primarily to organisations in the public sector. We have over 50 active clients, many of whom have been clients for 10+ years.
We are headquartered in central London, we have just under 200 staff organised into three delivery divisions: Digital, Business & Technology, and Professional Services. We deliver a multi-disciplinary service in a range of areas, such as: strategic reviews, business cases, business change at one end through to application development, website design at the other.
This role will support the businesses of Methods to ensure their strategic and operational goals are delivered. Drive business planning processes and performance management including business insights. Drive process and management information improvement within Finance and the business. Lead the Management Accounting team.
- To lead the management accounting and reporting processes within Methods in line with the organisations deadlines,
- To investigate and report on significant budgetary variances, identifying any remedial action that needs to be taken.
- To analyse the month end financial position, investigate variances and make appropriate adjustments if necessary in line with internal procedures.
- To produce monthly financial reporting summarising the financial performance to date and providing explanations of key variances.
- To meet regularly with budget holders to assess financial performance and to provide financial management information, analysis and advice.
- To ensure budget holders and managers have an awareness of financial performance requirements, including the need for budgetary control and to provide financial awareness training where necessary.
- Drive cash generation by improving billing and cash collection
- To support the preparation of regular and ad hoc financial statements, variance analysis and to produce a forecast out-turn position on a monthly basis for management review.
- To work on obtaining information that provides more detail to support reporting from the general ledger.
- To work with the Methods companies to prepare business cases and bids for new business where required
- Support other members of the Finance and Resources Team with ad-hoc projects. To include bringing together financial and activity information.
- To work with the Human Resources lead to integrate financial information into the Headcount Reporting.
- To contribute numerical and/ or graphical information that will form part of Board Management Reports
Drive Business Planning and Forecasting
- Coordinate and prepare annual business plans
- Work closely with the Methods companies ensure smooth planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Lead activities to adapt financial systems meet business needs
Team management and leadership
- Manage and mentor a team of finance business partners and the credit controller
Education / Qualifications
Ideally Degree qualified, with an accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
2-3 years post qualified, Working within a commercial financial environment
Effective team player, Working within a dynamic environment
Managing relationships, Working within tight deadlines
Line management of junior finance staff, Track record of improving business processes
Why join us?
We offer the following benefits package:
Bonus Eligible: based on company and individual performance.
Holiday: 25 days a year plus bank holidays
Insurance: Death in Service benefit of 4 times base salary (after probation)
Medical: Private Medical insurance provided (Vitality which includes: travel insurance, 50% off gym, free cinema/Starbucks and other rewards to name a few) (after probation)
Pension: Matched 3% into company scheme (after 3 months)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959498433