Engineering Technician (Civil / Structural)
I am currently recruiting for an Engineering Technician (Civil / Structural) to work near the Norfolk area. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Technician (Civil / Structural) to work for a leading Contractor within the Construction industry. The opportunity itself will involve working for a specialist company which provide a service in design, Construction and Project Management to their portfolio of clients within the Private and Public sector, these projects range up to £50M and the company themselves have an excellent reputation within the industry.
The Engineering Technician (Civil / Structural) will undertake the production of working drawings, reports and specifications ensuring the compliance with National/International standards, statutory requirements and the project brief. Experience of BIM Software (REVIT or similar) would be an advantage. The Engineering Technician (Civil / Structural) will have a minimum of 5 years' experience and HNC / degree qualified in Civl or Structural Engineering.
Engineering Technician (Civil / Structural) Position Overview
- In consultation with Senior Engineering staff, decide the format and scope of design data required for the project (drawings, schedules, specifications etc.).
- Interpret design output (eg calculations) from Senior Engineering staff and translate to working drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Translate standard/proprietary manufacturer's details onto working drawings.
- Produce and check Designers Health and Safety Risk Assessments as required for the project.
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with all relevant project drawings (including subcontractor design elements).
- When necessary, visit site and carry out level/measured surveys. Provide site technical checking and support duties such as checking of reinforcement prior to concreting.
- Opportunity to join multidisciplinary contractor design team working on a variety of building and civil engineering projects from £0.1M to £30M+, offering excellent opportunity for career development and progression for the right candidate
Engineering Technician (Civil / Structural) Position Requirements
- Higher National Certificate or Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering (preferable but not essential)
- 5+ years experience
- Building Regulations, General Construction and steel structural & reinforced concrete deatiling experience.
Engineering Technician (Civil / Structural) Position Remuneration
- Salary £35k+ (salary neg) + car
- Bonus and 25 Days Holiday+ BH
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959449918