Broadcast Engineer - CDN, Content Distribution
Broadcast Engineer, CDN, Content Distribution Network, Streaming, VoD, Linear TV
2nd Line Support, Project Engineer
Our client is a global Broadcast and Media brand name based in a cool part of London and are looking for an experienced Broadcast Engineer to support their CDN / Content Delivery Network environment - Distribution Operations and Support.
This role will see you working on an interesting variety of work including supporting live / linear broadcast as well as streaming / non-linear as well as interesting project work.
The general working environment is casual dress, friendly and relaxed with great corporate benefits in addition to working in a cool part of London! The teams are hard-working and diligent, as you would expect from a global brand working in a Live TV environment.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Managing a global CDN infrastructure for streaming video
- Operating and maintaining a global broadcast video distribution infrastructure
- Provide 2nd line support across their entire distribution infrastructure - so some international travel may be required
- Costing new infrastructure and services for the delivery of video services and content streams
- Participating in engineering projects implementing new video distribution solutions
You will take ownership of 2nd line support issues, liaising with other internal support teams. affiliates and 3rd parties to resolve distribution related issues to completion
You will also be helping to maintain and improve standards and services by monitoring and managing their key distribution vendors.
Additionally, you will be working on projects to install or modify distribution solutions for the delivery of content around the world so a familiarity with Agile Project Management standards would be advantageous.
To be considered for this interesting and challenging you should meet most of the following criteria:
- Authorised to work in the UK. No sponsorship is available
- First class verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ideally having worked in a similar role, you will have familiarity with key global CDN vendors in the industry, knowledge of CDN architecture, and have a strong technical knowledge of internet and networking protocols, caching and streaming technologies
- Essential Core Technical Skills
- Familiarity with concepts of IP networks, and of VPN, switches and routers, CDN principles and architecture
- Familiarity with traditional broadcast compression systems, DVB, terrestrial circuit connectivity, DTH platforms, satellite uplink and encryption systems would be also advantageous, along with a good understanding of core linear TV channel technologies, such as SDI, AES, Dolby
- The ability to liaise and engage with technical and non-technical colleagues alike
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959456083