Software Engineer (Salesforce)
Software Engineer (Salesforce) urgently required with experience developing solutions using Salesforce. The successful candidate will have good knowledge of back end development using C#, Web API, and SQL, Experience of front end development using Angular (preferable) and experience of working with AWS cloud technologies.
The purpose of the role is to develop software solutions in line with Corporate and IT strategy, work with product owners to develop individual services in line with their strategic vision and to develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of existing applications and systems, to assist the company?s core IT partner in their ongoing operation.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Report to the Technical Team Lead in an agile/scrum development environment, to ensure a continual delivery stream of features.
- Provide technical input and innovation, while collaborating with the rest of the scrum team to develop solutions.
- Develop and prototype investigations or spikes to assist in the delivery of features.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality products through techniques such as test-driven development, pair programming and code review.
- Act as a gatekeeper for code repositories ensuring that only high-quality code, developed in line with our standards, is accepted into the production estate.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the scrum team through the agile retrospective ceremonies that take place.
Experience of developing solutions using the following:
- Technologies: Salesforce, Apex, Lightning, Visualforce, REST, JSON.
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RedShift
- Tools & frameworks: Salesforce Dataloader, Workbench & Developer Console.
- Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI)
- Good knowledge of back end development using C#, Web API, and SQL.
- Experience of front end development using Angular is preferable.
- Good knowledge of software development patterns and practices, including test-driven development and service oriented architecture.
- Experience of working with AWS cloud technologies, such as Cloud Formation, EC2, ElasticBeanstalk, Elastic Search, IAM and RDS would be beneficial.
- Experience of Distributed Version Control, such as Git, would be beneficial.
- Experience of agile delivery methodology would be useful but not essential.
- An understanding of Event Sourcing would be useful but not essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, given the working practices used, such as code review and pair programming,
- Good collaboration skills to facilitate the development of high-quality products in line with the product owner?s requirements.
- A keen desire, where gaps exist, to learn and engage with technologies in our digital estate.
- An all-round high level of interest in IT would allow you to contribute to our lunchtime learning sessions.
- Experience of the following tools: PeopleImport and Demand Tools, Mavensmate, Git, Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, MySQL Workbench
- Experience of Marketing Cloud, Heroku, and/or Messaging (SNS, SQS)
This is an excellent opportunity with a competitive salary and benefits package. Forward your CV NOW for further details and the real chance to join a leading provider of communications and IT solutions to both consumer and business markets across the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959498007