IT Manager (Education)
My client, a leading independent school is looking for an IT Manager to take up a newly created role within the school.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has been an IT Technician or Senior IT Technician and is looking to take the next step in their career. The role will be a split of operational duties (80%) and project & developmental (20%) and will be working independently with support from senior management.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for managing and providing day-to-day support at the school, primarily first with some second line, working with the senior leadership team and users to ensure a suitable level of service is provided. The successful candidate will be responsible for responding to IT support requests in accordance with the service desk procedures & priorities ensuring delivery of a high quality service to all users in line with the school?s service level agreements.
- Background and solid experience as an IT technician or first and second line support experience.
- Possession of a recognised academic qualification or equivalent experience appropriate to the role.
- Experience supporting, troubleshooting and resolving issues in a wide variety of computer and AV hardware including cabling and peripherals.
- Experience with windows systems, software and services and familiar with Apple for ipads
- Experience of using structured service desk policies and procedures in a support environment, ideally education
- Ability to work and achieve results under pressure, while remaining calm.
- Ability to work in a busy environment, with the ability to seek support and guidance as required.
- Excellent communication skills communicating politely and effectively at all times to a wide range of users, key stakeholders and external organisations.
- Ability to discuss and explain technical issues to non-technical users.
- Good multitasking skills.
- Be dedicated to continually develop your own skills and knowledge ?on the job? and through agreed professional development.
Ideally the successful candidate will have previous experience in working within the education, corporate or government sector.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959495009