Java Developer - Move to Scala Developer - Tech Giant
Java Developer required with some commercial exposure to Scala or at least who has undertaken self learning / Coursera and has a passion for Scala, is required to cross train into Scala to work on large scale backend ecommerce systems within Agile team for tech giant in West London.
Key skills for the Java / Scala Developer role would include
- Professional experience developing with Java 8 in an Enterprise systems environment
- Some commercial or evidence of self learning with Scala
- Proven skills in backend systems and API's / RESTful
- Proven skills in TTD / Unit testing and working within Agile environments
- A logical mindset and an aptitude for problem solving
- Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- The ability to learn quickly
- A good understanding of software design and development principles
- Experience with various IDEs and distributed source code control.
- Experience working with IBM Sterling OMS or similar OMS systems (bonus)
The following would also be desirable:
- Experience making changes to large enterprise applications
- Experience working in e-commerce applications
- Experience or a desire to work with Scala
- An understanding of Agile processes including XP practices such as Pair Programing
- Experience applying testing practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- An understanding of environments and deployment processes, including
- Application servers (e.g. Tomcat, Websphere Application Server)
- Experience producing and consuming messages via a broker or integration middleware.
- Build and Deployment Tools (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity)
This is an outstanding chance for a talented Java developer to make the move into Scala and work for one of the worlds top ecommerce companies within a large technology function with stunning offices and excellent prospect.
Opus is an employment agency in respect of permanent recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959498505