Lead Java Developer - Amplify
Lead Java Developer - Amplify - £55,000 DOE
Explore life. Live fully. Health driven by data.
Amplify is an exciting health and tech startup, utilising modern technologies to offer lifestyle management to its users.
We deliver personalised tools, services and products, based on an individual?s data to enhance their lifestyle. We offer bespoke recommendations depending on the user?s fitness levels and habits, and help them achieve their goals through an intelligent machine learning engine.
Led by successful technology entrepreneurs, Amplify has recently received a significant round of investment and we are looking to add to our team in our West Sussex offices.
We are passionate about making people fitter, healthier and happier. If you are interested in joining us on this journey then we would love to speak with you.
The role of the Lead Java Developer:
- To understand the architecture of the platform, understanding how it?s built and opportunities to scale it
- To understand and lead the development process (from design through to delivery and testing) across a team of more junior developers, acting as a coach and mentor where necessary as well as helping to resolve more technical issues.
- To lead Java development across the platform, to have a major input into database design and the broader technical context of the solution
- To sit with key product stakeholders and be part of implementing product requirements
- To be able to turn high level functionality into technical requirements for the development team
- To turn these technical requirements into Technical Designs and support their pragmatic delivery
The Requirements of the Lead Java Developer:
- Experience delivering multiple large web and/or mobile projects in a team environment
- At least 4 years? experience, working in a senior or lead developer position
- Strong knowledge and experience with Java 8, Restful webservices, Github and version control. Experience of Linux on AWS & Jenkins (and related) would also be useful
- Background working in an Agile environment working within an AWS/cloud based environment
- Database skills (MySQL/MongoDB) is desirable
We are at an exciting time in our development at Amplify and need skilful and passionate people to help us grow. We offer a competitive financial package including share options, a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to be a part of an exciting journey!
For more information you can contact Glyn on glyn @ talnt.team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959445104