Design Engineer (Civils)
I am currently recruiting for a Design Engineer (Civils) to work near the Norfolk area. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer (Civils) to work for a leading Contractor within the Construction industry. The opportunity itself will involve working for a specialist company which provide a service in design, Construction and Project Management to their portfolio of clients within the Private and Public sector, these projects range up to £50M and the company themselves have an excellent reputation within the industry.
The Design Engineer (Civils) will undertake the production of working designs, reports, specifications and where applicable drawings, ensuring the compliance with National/International Standards, Statutory requirements and the project brief. The Design Engineer (Civils) will have a minimum of 5 years' experience and degree qualified in Civil Engineering and experience of Civil Engineering Design Software such as Microdrainage, Civils 3D or similar.
Design Engineer (Civils) Position Overview
- Carry out design appraisals during pre-contract stage, working closely with other disciplines, communicate design risks and/or value engineering opportunities to the group client(s).
- Produce and check Designers Health and Safety Risk Assessments as required for the project.
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with all relative project drawings.
- When necessary, visit site and carry out level/measured surveying to ensure dimensional compatibility between proposed and existing structures. Checking of reinforcement prior to concreting.
- Production of design calculations ensuring the compliance with National/International Standards, Statutory requirements and the project brief.
- If the project is engineering lead, coordinate regular internal project design team reviews/meetings as identified within the Project Management Plan.
- Decide the format and scope of design data required for the project (drawings, schedules, specifications etc.).
Design Engineer (Civils) Position Requirements
- Higher National Certificate or Degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 years (at least 3 must be Civil Engineering Design)
- Engineering Design Codes of Practice
- Statutory Authority Design Codes of Practice (Highways, Wrc, Environment Agency etc)
- Understanding of Building Regulations
- General Construction and Engineering Design and Detailing
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design Software (AutoCAD, Microdrainage)
Design Engineer (Civils) Position Remuneration
- Salary £35k+ (salary neg) + car
- Bonus and 25 Days Holiday+ BH
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959449717