Job Title: Telecoms Engineer
Location: Dorchester, Dorset
Salary: £18-25k+ depending on experience.
Due to continued growth, our client is currently looking for a Telecoms Engineer to join their Operations Team based in Dorchester. The primary functions of the role will be installing & configuring Telecoms solutions and providing technical support for these products.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Solving technical problems and investigating escalated issues.
- Reviewing support cases to enable a correct allocation of priorities.
- Deployment of specialised troubleshooting solutions to help ensure the intricacies of a challenging issue is captured. This may include, but is not limited to onsite installations or replacements of various hardware components, software patching, diagnostic testing, and the use of remote control tools used to access the user's machine for the purpose of troubleshooting and finding a solution to the problem.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of networking components, VoIP, Linux operating systems and basic computer hardware components.
- Experience in telecoms with an understanding of SIP, SS7 (ISUP+SCCP), SMS.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- High levels of energy, coupled with an enthusiastic, motivated and positive approach to technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must also be pro-active, conscientious and able to handle the conflicting priorities within a busy customer focused environment.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: ********************************-opportunities/
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496370