Design and Development Engineer
Design and Development Engineer required for a leading Engineering and HVAC company in the West Midlands.
THE ROLE - DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- The Design and Development Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing new and existing products to ensure cost effective solutions to meet business, customer, regulatory and manufacturing requirements.
- Focused mainly on design work on their range of HVAC products, this role is more than just a design role and involves taking a Product Manager's idea for a product, and developing that idea to see if it is feasible, and can be put into production and answering questions such as: how much will it cost, will it work, does it meet legislation requirements, is it reliable, is it easy to make, install, and maintain.
- Delivery of projects from concept to launch.
- Investigating new technologies and manufacturing processes to incorporate into new and existing designs.
- Liaising with external manufacturers and suppliers to establish cost and specification of specialised kit.
- Keep electronic drawings up to date and in a place where they can be retrieved easily.
THE PERSON - DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- HND or Degree educated in Mechanical Engineering, or similar study.
- Experience of air movement, thermodynamics and heat transfer.
- HVAC or Building Services Design experience.
- Experienced user on CAD software.
- Experience of designing products from concept to launch.
THE PACKAGE - DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Basic salary up to c£33,000 per annum, with additional company benefits to include 26 days holiday ( + Bank Holidays), contributory pension scheme after qualifying period, and early finishes on a Friday!
Based in their offices near Dudley. Relevant locations include: Dudley, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Kidderminster, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, Birmingham and surrounding areas.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492760