Supporting role in the consolidation and accounting close process for Insulet?s European operations. Work closely with finance leaders in a fast-growing public company to execute on financial operational initiatives, monthly financial reporting and internal control compliance.
- Support the execution of the monthly financial close process including consolidation and related reporting requirements for Insulet?s European business.
- Support creation of journal entries and account reconciliations in relation to general ledger accounting work performed by external accounting service provider.
- Assist in the review of monthly US GAAP results and preparation of monthly financial reporting package for submission to US Parent.
- Liaise directly with US Corporate accounting team ensuring completeness and accuracy of recorded results and fielding open queries.
- Assist third party accounting service providers in the timely execution of accounting operations including areas such as payroll, accounts payable, treasury, tax, VAT, and expense reimbursement.
- Support the quality and timeliness of internal control requirements associated with consolidation and general ledger reporting.
- Liaise with and support external advisors in the preparation of statutory financial statements and supporting notes as well as the preparation of corporate tax computations, returns, and ad hoc tax requests.
- Work in coordination with FP&A in driving reporting efforts around key performance indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrable related experience in accounting, ideally within a fast-growing environment.
- Aspires to or has already achieved professional accountancy qualification (e.g. CA or ACCA) or European equivalent
- Basic knowledge of UK and European accounting and auditing standards, and an awareness of US GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley legislation.
- Prior experience working in a publically traded or large private company a plus.
- Prior experience working with consolidations, foreign currency a plus.
- Motivated, hardworking
- Team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496475