Top 20 - Charity Audit Manager - London
Top 20 firm recruiting for a Charity/Not for Profit Audit Manager/Senior Manager. You will be managing a portfolio of predominantly not-for-profit sector clients and deliver a quality service to directors/partners and clients.
This firm is a Top 20 London based firm of chartered accountants. With 33 partners and over 270 employee's working in the City this firm has a vibrant and exciting atmosphere. Their open plan office encourages their co-operative working and communication; ultimately result in an increased quality of work and enjoyable working community.
They have specialist areas with their charity team being one of their main growth areas. They are driven by their clients needs and work to constantly improve the level of advice they are able to provide. As a firm they Partner with their clients and create bespoke responses to each individual brief. That brief may concern a not-for- profit organisation or a firm of solicitors or company takeover; in the UK or in 90 countries worldwide.
In addition to their client focused ethos they also support charitable activity by matching your personal charitable donations up to a maximum of £50 per year and by giving you two days for volunteering annually.
Other benefits for managers include a 5% monthly pension scheme, paid subscriptions for your membership of professional organisations relevant to your work, season ticket loan, private medical insurance, flexible working patterns, standard eye tests, health assessments and GP appointments through BUPA.
To manage a portfolio of not for profit sector clients.
To organise and run every assignment as effectively and as efficiently as possible, in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and to the firm's standards and to ensure effective completion before director/partner review.
To review statutory (and other) accounts and organise their preparation, typing and issue. Accounts to be in accordance with the firm's high standards, our house style and any relevant SORPs or FRSs
To provide technical guidance to staff and resolve technical queries when instructed by clients.
To control work-in-progress and to raise fee notes as early as possible during every assignment.
To assist in bringing in new work to the firm by providing input into tender proposals, including written documents and face-to-face presentations to prospective clients.
To promote the name of the firm through attendance at charity sector events and providing input into marketing documents, including Insights, and articles in sector publications.
To conduct regular support and supervision sessions with junior members of the team, to include a regular review of their performance and progress.
To be proactive and take responsibility for becoming fully familiar and confident with all the firm's IT policies and procedures ensuring full compliance, and to help promote these policies within the firm.
- ACA or ACCA qualified, or equivalent
- Currently managing a portfolio of clients, ideally with some charities, not-for-profit and/or education sector clients
- Ability to delegate, review files and junior team members work
- Happy to deliver tender/new work presentations and internal training courses to ACA and ACCA trainees
- Intermediate Word, Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated application of management skills, including formal or informal coaching and mentoring experience
- Career progression
- City of London
- Audit Manager/Senior Manager
- Top 20 Accountancy Practice
- Market rate salary
- Flexible working patterns
- 5% monthly pension scheme
- Paid subscriptions for your membership of professional organisations relevant to your work
- Season ticket loan
- Private medical insurance
- Standard eye tests
- Health assessments and GP appointments through BUPA.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477024