Data Management Team Leader
Data Management Team Leader
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) was established in 1988 as a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. Since then, they have built an innovative, high performing reputation as one of the UK's leading fund managers with an award winning track record and exceptional standard of client service.
RLAM provide investment management solutions to both wholesale and institutional clients such as not-for-profit organisations, local authorities and the insurance sector. They invest across all major asset classes and manage approximately £101 billion of assets (at 30.09.2016), an increase of more than 100% over the past four years. RLAM pride themselves on the people they employ, their excellent performance and delivery, and the wide-ranging group of clients they manage for.
RLAM are looking to make an important appointment of a Data Management Team Leader to join their newly established Data Management team. Reporting into the Head of Data Management the successful candidate will play a pivotal role leading a small team of business support specialists providing 1st line support for investment data related matters, ensuring investment data is accurate, consistent and timely for business consumers.
As part of the wider Data Management Group you and your team will govern data, by managing the workflow throughout the data lifecycle - from acquisition, delivery to archive. The role ensures data quality through tasks such as creating , maintaining, analysing and correcting data, resolving data issues, monitoring usage and reporting on data quality metrics. You will also provide day-to-day management and oversight of the team's daily workloads, ensuring customer needs are met as well as setting team members objectives and development plans.
- Ensure appropriate levels of cover within the Data Management Support team to meet customer demands
- Regularly review team procedures and ensure they remain appropriate
- Produce agreed team management information
- Analyse, create and manage key data sets, ensuring errors as a result of incorrect data are kept to a minimum
- Meet daily and monthly SLA's for data creation and exception reporting
- Ensure customer queries are fully meet and resolved within an appropriate timely manner
- Ensure internal SLA's are meet for query resolution
- Create a positive customer experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of RLAM data flows, and data usage across the business
- Provide effective and timely communication to relevant business and IT areas when interruptions and failures occur
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience of working within a similar Senior Data Management Team Lead position
- Strong Analytical ability- capability to analyse data, identifying gaps and trends
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal business stakeholders
- Proven leadership skills, ability to build and manage an effective team
- Strong knowledge off investment instruments including - equities, fixed income, collective investment schemes, ETD and OTC derivatives
- Strong knowledge of the core data sets used within an asset manager, including Instrument, portfolio, transaction, benchmark, ref data, performance, entity
- Good understanding of the trade lifecycle
- Experience of thinkFolio or a similar platform such as Charles River
- Experience of Market EDM
- Experienced in Excel, word and PowerPoint
- Strong Customer focus - showing a do it right do it now mentality
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident and effective communicator
For a confidential discussion on the role or to apply, please contact Danny Palmer at the following address: **************************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492809