Infrastructure Support Associate
At Urban Science we have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Support Associate to join our team based in Reading. The role will be a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary of £25,500 - £27,500 per annum.
Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business through science and we've been doing this since 1977.
About the Infrastructure Support Associate role
In this infrastructure based role you will provide support for Global infrastructure needs in internal and external IT systems or environments. You will help support the systems and facilities that are fundamental in ensuring Urban Science is always the best it can be.
As our Infrastructure Support Associate this will involve:
- Set ups, configures and supports the Local Area Network (LAN) for the assigned office(s)
- Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving LAN security issues and performance within the local office
- Responsible for setting up new users, monitoring server activity, rebuilding computers, and rebuilding servers.
- Maintains the office phone system by creating new users, moving phone locations and extensions, setting up email and troubleshooting phone system problems
- Identifies equipment and purchase requirements, in accordance with corporate guidelines, including: hard drives, phone equipment, hubs, switches, and other technical equipment
- Provides guidance and assistance to employees to ensure they have the right hardware and that it is configured properly
- Restores databases, files and email accounts as needed
Key Skills & Experience required of our Infrastructure Support Associate
This role requires the successful applicant to support the Infrastructure of the business, meaning the individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a high standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required.
You must have a basic understanding of:
- Local Area Network / Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) technology
- Various storage technologies and their capabilities, such as: Storage Area Network (SAN), Network-Attached Storage (NAS), and Distributed Antenna System (DAS)
- Various virtualization technologies
- Current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
- Must have a degree in an appropriate IT field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems with 2 years relevant work experience
- Current Microsoft certifications preferred
- ITIL Foundations v3 certification (must obtain within first 60 days of employment)
- The ability to perform first-level troubleshooting of basic IT Operations technologies and services
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, assessing audience need and adjusting level of detail accordingly
- The ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems
- To provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users
- Experience of prioritizing competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- The ability to collaborate, demonstrate team orientation, and have dedication to meeting and exceeding expectations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to be a fundamental part of the company as our new Infrastructure Support Associate then please click 'Apply' today, we'd love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496845