Principal Development Underwriter
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Principal Development Underwriter
Provide technical and analytical underwriting support to the Underwriting Development Manager in order to deliver strategic priorities and key business performance targets.
What being a Principal Development Underwriter involves:
- Provide expert technical and analytical underwriting support to achieve performance targets and the Underwriting strategy including supporting the delivery of change within Pricing & Underwriting and across divisions.
- Evaluate benefits, make recommendations and ensure delivery of changes to underwriting rules (including referral rules) and rating across all channels, in order to deliver new capability and insight to drive improvements in underwriting footprint management and trading performance.
- Monitor the [product] portfolio exposure to underwriting risk, including the recommending and monitoring of Key Risk Indicator thresholds, working with the Underwriting Performance team and wider business to deliver appropriate changes. Present appropriate reports across relevant trading and risk forums.
- Evaluate benefits, make recommendations and ensure delivery of changes to underwriting data sources and question sets, including application fraud prevention tools.
- Evaluate benefits, make recommendations and ensure delivery of changes to the [Product] product structure, including cover levels, excesses and terms and conditions, working with the Underwriting Performance team to understand impacts on key trading and customer metrics. Work with the Underwriting Strategy team on any new product development opportunities identified.
- Deliver changes to align underwriting rules with Technical & Margin Pricing developments and changes in Pricing capability.
- Ensure appropriate Underwriting controls are in place and followed with respect to testing, implementing and adhering to wider company risk appetite.
- Liaise with a wide variety of teams in order to deliver your team's priorities, working effectively with the wider Underwriting team, Category teams, wider Pricing and Underwriting teams and other areas.
- Ensure compliance with core Group policies, statutory policies, regulatory controls, and timely completion of risk and audit actions with a particular focus on Customer Conduct.
Skills & qualities you'll need:
- Educated to degree level or with experience in Underwriting, along with experience in the general insurance market.
- Ideally CertCII qualified or equivalent professional qualification
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959446664