I am currently looking for a Tooling Engineer to join a large automotive tier 1 supplier.
As one of the world's largest suppliers of automotive seating and electrical power management systems, the tier 1 supplier provides complete seating systems and components, as well as both traditional and high voltage/high power electronic products and electrical distribution systems and components. With facilities in 34 countries on six continents, the tier 1 supplier operates in every major auto producing region of the world.
- The Tooling Engineer is a member of the Process Engineering team whose role is to ensure that all the current, new and development heated aluminium mould tools are suitable for pouring good quality foam parts from the oval production lines.
- This will be achieved by condition monitoring of existing mould tools, liaising with project managers, design teams and toolmakers with regards to the mould tools meeting the DFM requirements leading to approval of new mould tools.
The Tool Engineer will be responsible for:
- Ensure tool design is in compliance to manufacturing standards.
- Confirm foam to tool design from toolmaker is 100% feasible for manufacture.
- Reply to new tool CAD Buy-off with customer project teams within 3 days of receiving design data.
- Robust actions plan through all program launches to control design to specification on weekly basis.
- Ensure tool is fit for purpose according to CAD model from toolmaker.
- Liaise with toolmaker for modifications to existing tools from ECN to completion.
- New model line-up according to customer?s project timing plan.
- Confirm child part fitment = 98% alignment on receipt of tool or engineering change.
- Assist in new foam design to ensure best in class tool design using CAD.
- Achieve RFT figures greater than 90% within 90 days of launch of all model launches.
To be a success in this role you must have:
- Legal authorization to work in the EU
- Experience within a Tooling role.
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492106