As the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio communications, Thales is a leading name in the global defence and security markets. In addition to equipping over 40 naval forces across the globe, we have a proud 125-year heritage here in the UK. Today that is represented in our key role delivering the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier and our provision of advanced radio equipment to all of the Royal Navy's surface combatants.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
- You will carry out Hardware Architecture activities as required by the business.
- With the support of other members of the team, carry out more specialised Requirements Capture and Management through the life of the project including the planning and execution of the Requirement Validation activities.
- Actively make steps to learn from other members of the Thales family.
- Share their knowledge and experience with other members of the team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Specify, Capture and Manage the requirement set.
- Define the project Test & Integration Strategy.
- Agreeing the Integration, Verification and Validation Method and IVV Synopsis.
- Supporting the Thales team working on the projects throughout the lifecycle.
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids.
- Provide support to production as required.
- Trials and integration support as required.
- Hardware Architecture Knowledge / System Engineering background.
- Requirements Management and Development Skills.
- General understanding of Engineering Development lifecycles.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive "can-do" mentality
- The individual will be expected to demonstrate a level of autonomy.
- DOORS knowledge
- Submarine Sonar Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience of experience relevant or that can be applied to Hardware Archictecture
- Specification experience
- Range of Engineering lifecycle experience..
- Understanding of Naval platforms.
- The key areas of design undertaken for which previous experience would be beneficial will include: -
- The design of sonar assemblies and equipment for the sub-sea environment.
- The design deployment systems
- Design and development of Hardware Engineering Products.
- Design / specification of packaging solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a global, innovative company. Join us.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959456902