Lead WebOps / DevOps Engineer
Lead WebOps / DevOps Engineer. £550 / £600 Daily Rate. 6 months contract - possible extensions. Outside IR35. T6/MN/16999
Working for a Large Government agency you will be responsible to lead the design, automation and operation of the Government agency?s infrastructure and applications.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Strong WebOps experience
- Experience Of MS AZURE is essential to this position
- Taking ownership for the automation, deployment and operation of significant components within a solution with a view to ensuring the service is ready for production.
- Designing and building components that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure and cost-effective
- You appreciate how to communicate technical designs spanning multiple components in a simple, concise manner. This is true in all forms of communication including conversation, documentation and presentations.
- The design the storage and networking components of a cloud-based solution
- In depth knowledge of Linux and/or Windows
- Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef or Ansible)
- Continuous Integration experience using tools such as Jenkins / TeamCity
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language - Bash, Python, Ruby, Powershell
- Understanding of how code should be released to production as part of a continuous delivery pipeline
- You actively coach and mentor junior technical staff.
- Implementation of Security controls
- Version Control Systems
- Monitoring of Web Services
Keywords: WebOps, MS Azure, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Azure Bash, Dev Ops, DevOps, WebOps, Python, Ruby, Powershell, WebOps. Crewe.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959491261