Surrey Up to £60k
Are you passionate about Development and continuing to learn and develop your skill set?
Do you want to have the flexibility to learn, choose and implement some of the latest web technologies in your work?
Do you want variety in tour work and the opportunity to build new, cutting edge solutions?
If so this is an opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment, using the very latest technologies to deliver web-based applications from both dedicated private infrastructure as well as the Cloud.
You will constantly be working on a variety of projects, ranging from maintaining our existing products to building new, cutting edge solutions.
Tec partners are working with one of the UK's leading web based companies, based in Surrey. They work with over 500 blue chip clients, protecting over £5 billion of online revenues.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Sound knowledge of open-source object-oriented development, design patterns and coding best practices
- Experience of writing unit tests and testing frameworks (e.g. PHPUnit)
- Good working knowledge of MVC frameworks
- Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience of optimising performance (server- and/or client-side)
- Knowledge of Agile, Lean and XP development practices
- Good knowledge of Linux and Open Source technologies
- Good working knowledge of at least one PHP framework (Zend, Symfony, Phalcon, Yii, etc.)
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and responsive design
- Working knowledge of continuous integration, build and configuration management systems, especially Jenkins, Puppet/Chef, etc.
- Knowledge/experience of TDD and BDD
- Knowledge/experience of automated functional testing (e.g. Selenium)
- Experience of working with large data sets
- Experience of working with legacy codebases and dealing with technical debt
- Experience of developing in an Agile environment
- Experience of working closely with QA analysts and QA processes
- Experience of conducting and undergoing peer code review
- A passionate advocate of internet technology
- Innovative: keen to research and find new brighter technologies around the web
- Pragmatic: apply an appropriate solution to the problem
- Passion for good application architecture
- Sociable, collaborative, proactive and enthusiastic
At Tec Partners we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959490873