Network Manager - Reigate, Surrey
Network Manager - Reigate Surrey
Joining as the Network Manager, managing a small team of network engineers, you will provide senior level network support, undertake maintenance and input to solution design.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone either looking for their next step up into management currently working as a Senior Network Engineer, or someone already working as a Team Leader/Manager and looking to continue their career within Networking.
- Follow processes within the IT Infrastructure teams for incident, request and problem management that are aligned to ITIL principles
- Effectively monitor core business systems and infrastructure, specifically the network infrastructure
- Ensure that maintenance and upkeep of the network infrastructure is carried out in a timely and accurate fashion by the team
- Ensure the effective delivery of changes to infrastructure and platform within agreed timeframes
- Ensure environment availability and support the infrastructure to enable test and production deployments of application releases
- Liaise with Business Stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers
- Excellent understanding of Network platforms - Cisco Nexus 7K, Catalyst 3850, HP/3COM, Dell PowerConnect and Force10 series Switches
- Excellent understanding of Firewall platforms - Juniper, Palo Alto
- Strong experience of Wireless technologies - Aruba
- Strong experience of managing a telephony system, ideally Mittel
- Network monitoring and capacity management experience
- Strong experience of Networking technologies including routing protocols
- General knowledge of VoIP technologies including QoS
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- The ability to lead and motivate a small team.
You will have a minimum of 5 years network management/support experience.
You must have experience in monitoring and maintaining network systems and infrastructure, ie SolarWinds and have extensive knowledge and experience of implementing and supporting an enterprise network environment on a day to day basis.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494482