Senior IT Project Manager - Airfield Systems
Contract: Senior IT Project Manager (Airfield Systems)
Duration; 12 Months
My client Gatwick Airport is looking to engage a senior project manager to join them on a 12 month contract. This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated team of individuals focussed on delivering excellence in this fast paced and vibrant arena.
As Senior Project Manager for Gatwick you will be managing a series of complex projects, delivered by an IT Systems Integrator, that migrates the Airfield Systems from the existing network platform to a modern, standards based network solution.
In order to apply you will need a minimum of 5 years previous experience of managing large, complex systems migration projects.
- Establishing clear stakeholder expectations and managing these through to completion.
- Managing scope, schedule, deliverables, budget, quality and risks related for each project.
- Performing project planning, scheduling, allocation of resources and project accounting.
- Managing all project communication and liaison with various internal departments as well as Business units.
- Reporting on project progress to PMO, Project Boards and other governance bodies.
- Conducting business, infrastructure and system analysis on complex, airfield operational systems.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of managing large, complex systems migration projects.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience of managing IT System Integrators, Project Managers and other project team members.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in designing or delivering airfield engineering or airfield telecommunications and associated systems.
- Working knowledge of ATC, Airfield & NATS procedures.
- Systems knowledge of Airfield (or NATS) IT Systems eg.
ILS, DME, IRVR, Ground to Air radio, Surveillance systems.
- Proven track record of managing the design, testing and successful delivery of complex airfield systems migrations.
- Experience of managing network and data centre migrations, the technical risks and business communications in a diverse 24x7 business.
- Proven track record of delivery through all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Proven track record of managing project teams in a matrix environment.
- Experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control methodologies.
- Experience with business user or external client management, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- PMP or Prince2 or MSP certification
Please apply via the website and for further information please contact Emma.Kingsmill @************
Airports is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494798