Software Safety Specialist
Gem Partnership are delighted to be working with a Global Electronic Technologies company based in Newcastle upon Tyne to appoint a Safety Software Specialist with specific knowledge of 26262 or similar to work in a broad non-coding Software Safety position.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Aptitude
1. A good understanding of the concepts and processes of ISO26262.
2. Proven ability to:
a. Define and analyse software requirements
b. Derive software requirements
c. Design software components to unit level from requirements and system design ensuring consistency and traceability
d. Confidently design software using semi-formal notation
e. Code in ANSI C 99 to MISRA 2004/2012
f. Develop and maintain static and unit tests
g. Define, develop and execute integration test plans
h. Perform safety analysis on safety related software components
i. Perform code Inspection or review for suitability as safety related code
3. In-depth understanding of the following concepts
a. Requirements developing software to a specific ASIL
b. Methods and mechanisms to ensure freedom of interference of software of differing ASILs
c. Ensure correct access to shared hardware resources within the execution environment
d. Diagnostic functions of state of the art micro controllers
4. Real time operating systems for safety related systems
5. Understanding of safety architectures and concepts
6. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products particularly Word, Excel and Visio.
1. Understanding of motor control, inverter technology ? principles and operation
2. In depth knowledge of automotive safety concepts and processes
3. Infineon Aurix microcontrollers ? including SafeTLib
4. Practical knowledge relevant safety standards :
a. ISO26262:2011 relating to inverters or power train management;
5. Working knowledge of power electronics
6. Hardware experience regarding implementation of functionally safe hardware down to component level
7. Practical knowledge of automotive and industrial technologies
a. Automotive electronics
b. CAN protocols : CANopen, J1939, OBDII
c. Three phase inverters
d. Surface Mount Permanent Magnet Motor Control
e. Induction Machine Motor Control
8. Isograph reliability workbench
9. Requirements / Configuration Management Tools, Ideally Cradle
10. Design capture tools and language (Ideally Enterprise architect)
Qualifications and training
1. Qualified to degree level (2:1) in an appropriate engineering discipline such as electrical and electronic engineering.
1. Proven Experience of Safety Related Software Engineering, developing software component through the entire software development life cycle.
If the role is of interest please apply or for further information please contact ******************************* for more details.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959440284