Assistant Merchandiser - Arcadia
A Bit About
Our Global Vision is to be the world’s fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
Your main responsibilities in an Assistant Merchandiser role will be assisting the Merchandiser in the Commercial Operation of your department by delivering a product offer that exceeds customer expectations and achieves sales and profit targets through effective supply chain management.
What You Will Be Doing Day to Day
- You will be responsible for the smooth day to day operation of the Merchandising department.
- Support the creation of the new season's sales and range plans for your chosen product area/range.
- Monitor department sales performance and identify opportunities and risks.
- Participate in trade meetings.
- Manage the supply chain.
- Develop and manage the MAA in order to develop them to the next stage in their career.
- Manage the Merchandising element of the critical path to ensure deadlines are met.
- Undertake store visits and competitor shops to assess your department against your competition.
- Evaluate supplier performance regarding pricing, reliability, timing and accuracy.
- Develop strong relationships both within your own team and across functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- Commercial awareness.
- Proven demonstration of analytical skills.
- A good knowledge of Merchandising systems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A strong eye for detail.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
The Exciting Part
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77429043