Materials Design Engineer, Materials Engineering to 45k
Materials Design Engineer, Materials Engineering
£30k - £45k depending on experience
Materials Design Engineer with to join a UK company that has been established for over 50yrs. With a strong order book for 2017 and beyond they require additional designers to join their team. The recent fall in sterling has pushed export demand up and as a result the business is flourishing.
The products designed are used in demanding applications and sold throughout the world. In particular, vehicles, so experience in this sector would be a distinct advantage. However, aerospace, automotive, mechanical engineering, physics and chemistry engineering, , Polymer Physics & Synthesis, Nanotechnologies, composites or similar would all be considered.
Typically, a Materials Design Engineer with a Masters or BEng / MEng would be well suited to the role. Graduates considered but preferably a few years commercial experience would suit.
- The Materials Design Engineer will have responsibility for the design project
- Use system calculations and modelling, detailed component design, stress analysis use of FEA
- Tool design
- Liaise with suppliers -will also be expected to work as a supplier liaison when required
- Process development
- Project management and associated documentation
- Update and modify equipment for production engineering
- Work closely with manufacturing team, CNC operators and design office
- Materials Design to ISO 9001 standards
- Minimum 1yrs commercial experience with Materials Engineering (placement year acceptable)
- MSc, MEng, BEng or similar degree and with a Materials Research based module included
- Knowledge or Stress Analysis and FEA
- Knowledge of calculations involving metals and polymers (or similar materials)
All products are designed and built on site. A one-stop-shop for clients. Creating an exciting and variable job for the materials design engineer. In addition to excellent and proven design skills the Materials Design Engineer will also have experience of AutoCAD and Excel.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494240