Software Engineer, York, £30,000 - £45,000
My client is seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Engineer/Developer to join its growing team, who are responsible for developing cutting edge software tools for the global aerospace and automotive software industries. Based in York, the successful applicant will play a key role in the development and deployment of our software, which is used for testing of real-time embedded systems around the world. The position calls for intelligence, knowledge, hard work and commitment.
In addition, you will be supporting our customers with technical issues, working on-site with our customers in the UK, EU and US, and seeing your work being used on major aerospace and automotive software systems.
- Development of high quality software using a variety of languages and technologies (Ada, C, C++, Java, Perl, SQL and others)
- Adding features, resolving problems, fixing bugs, testing and improving the quality of our products
- Investigating and understanding customer needs leading to the specification and design of new software and features
- Taking part in research, driving current and future technology, coming up with innovative ideas and seeing them through to completion
- Visiting and working with major aerospace companies in the UK and around the world
- Generating content to support the sales and marketing of new features
- Other tasks as necessary; My client are a small, dynamic company ? we look for staff who are able to adapt to take on new challenges
Required skills and experience
- A strong software background and excellent programming skills
- Skills in some or all of the following: Ada, C, C++, Java (the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than Ada experience - our philosophy is to hire good people who can learn, not focus on specific skills)
- An excellent degree or PhD level qualification in computer science or a related field
- The desire and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Organizational ability and a positive "can do" attitude
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge or experience of real-time and embedded systems
- Aerospace or automotive experience, especially DO-178B/C, ISO 26262 or IEC61508
- A research background, innovation
- Linux & Windows development
You will be highly motivated, hard-working and innovative with excellent software skills and the ability to learn about our products quickly.
Salary £23k - £45k (depending on experience). Location: York, UK.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493462