Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Technical Support
- Act as a single point of contact for the receipt, action and co-ordination of service requests and incidents on behalf of the Group IT function.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders including external suppliers, other support staff and end users to provide a professional, high quality service to the business.
- Able to absorb and retain information quickly, assess impact and communicate effectively via all channels.
- Develop excellent working relationships with all stakeholders at all levels, promoting the use of technology whilst managing customer expectations.
- Provide 1st line support on behalf of the Group IT function, fully utilising the Central Service Desk system to deliver excellent levels of customer service, whilst working under pressure.
- Effectively record all incidents and requests ensuring the effective resolution and monitoring against Service Level Agreements.
- Represent the Group IT function as the first point of contact, floor walk to give visibility to end users and take ad-hoc requests.
- Support the successful resolution of problems, prioritise and escalate when required.
- To utilise all available resources to improve the customer experience, develop your skills and the service provided.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Assist in the successful delivery of projects in line with agreed milestones.
- Assist 2nd and 3rd line support when required.
- Provide high quality, clear and concise documentation for internal and external use.
- Apply best practice principles and consider improvements to streamline ways of working.
- Collaborate with others to maintain security of all hardware, software and data.
- Procure, record, configure and install appropriate hardware and software, including mobile phones, that meets our customer's needs.
- Manage loan IT equipment.
- Collate and organise redundant IT equipment ready for collection.
- Monitor and manage users use of web and email and ensure appropriate filtering and logging is in place.
- Provide basic IT training when required.
- To undertake training and learning opportunities to
- support continuing professional and personal development.
- To provide out of hours support as and when required.
- Any other duties as required which are commensurate with the post.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494397