IT Network Engineer
As the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, they welcome their customers into their 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the UK.
Overview of role:
The ideal candidate will be strong 3rd line Network Engineer, familiar with Cisco environments.
- This role is an integral part of the IT Infrastructure team, working with other technical colleagues to provide support as well as specialist technical input into projects.
- The network engineer will provide second / third line support, installation, configuration and design services, and will work to improve the availability and quality of network services across the clients business.
- This role is based in Bury St Edmunds, and reports to the Infrastructure Manager in Burton.
- The technical environment is predominantly based on Cisco equipment.
- The support, operation and control of all equipment within the IT network infrastructure.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, Wireless and VoIP systems.
- Carrying out agreed network configuration, installation and maintenance
- Using network management tools to collect and report on network load and performance.
- Network problem resolution either directly or via management of a 3rd party specialist
- Creating reports and proposals for continuous improvement and major incidents
- Investigation and diagnosis of complex, cross team IT problems, working with users, other staff and suppliers as appropriate
- Implementing agreed network changes and maintenance routines.
- Managing the network to provide agreed levels of service and data integrity
- Ensuring that network performance and traffic is monitored and reviewed
- Creating and maintaining network plans.
- Producing network design policies, philosophies and criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access and remote access.
- Creating and maintaining documentation relating to internal processes, network configuration and 3rd party suppliers.
- Working to track and reduce budget.
- Continuing to improve knowledge through training, attending industry events and pursuing professional qualifications.
- Document and share knowledge with team members and 1st line support to help increase first time fix.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco ASA, Wireless LAN Controllers, ADSL routers, etc.
- Proven experience and success in supporting LAN, WAN, WLAN, and VoIP, predominantly in a Cisco enterprise environment.
- Proven experience of managing third party telephony providers
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Cisco Nexus
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager 11.5
- Knowledge of Voice circuits and legacy phone systems desirable
- Up to date CCNA/CCNP qualified
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Focused on providing exceptional customer service.
- Able to participate effectively in a diverse, multi-site technical team
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
If your a strong Network Engineer used to working in a Cisco environment and like the odd drink here and there, this is the role for you! Please apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492057