Digital Security Specialist
£38.5k - £44k, local government pension scheme & other great benefits
We’re searching for a talented, experienced Digital Security Specialist who can ensure our digital systems, links and data are safe, secure and robust. If you can help create a resilient digital network and assist our auditors work smoothly, efficiently and confidently across our digital platforms then we would like to hear from you.
Audit Scotland is a professional team of 280 experts who help ensure that £40bn of public money is spent wisely. We probably audit your local hospital, council and a good number of the other public sector organisations delivering services for the people of Scotland.
Our Digital Services Team is 9 strong, embraces fresh thinking, new ways of working and prides itself in the investment we make in our professional development and training.They make a real difference to Audit Scotland’s business impact. It’s both a great team and a great organisation to be part of.
Our modern Edinburgh office is within walking distance of both Haymarket and Waverley stations, has stunning views across to the castle and offers a wonderful environment in which to work, so you can be your very best.
We’re different, modern and have a great open culture. We value simplicity and purpose in our work. Our people have the autonomy and freedom they desire to make a difference in their work. Check us out – we think you’ll like who we are, what we value and our dedication to help ensure Scotland works well for all of the people that live here.
If you want to know about who we are and what we do follow this link
How can you help us?
Our innovative Digital Services Group are looking to add a new, permanent, full time Digital Security Specialist to the team. The right candidate will understand the importance and relevance of security in digital society and rise to the challenge of solving complex problems under pressure. You enjoy keeping up to date with current threats and their mitigations. You are analytical, solution focused and able to work on your own or as part of the team. You are enthusiastic about translating complex technical issues into meaningful details for non-specialist audiences. The three key areas you will identify with are:
• Technical knowledge: you have an excellent understanding of technology and how it works across applications, infrastructure and cloud environments.
• Working collaboratively: you will be able to communicate with all parts of the business in a language everyone can easily comprehend and you understand the importance of fast-paced decisions.
• Delivery: you take ownership of issues and commit to their resolution – you deliver on time, on budget and to a high quality. You enjoy the pressure of balancing multiple projects as well as resolving everyday incidents.
Specific Knowledge and experience...
• Degree level or have demonstrable, relevant experience
• Detailed knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements
• Knowledge of Office 365 & Azure Cloud platform deployment
• Experience with Exchange/SQL/IIS/SharePoint
• Hands on Virtualisation experience Citrix and Hyper-V, routers, web security and cloud connectivity
• A good understanding of recognised information security management, governance frameworks and architecture specified by ISO27001
• General understanding of other network technologies (e.g. firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS)
• Knowledge of parsing/normalisation of logs, rule engine, log storage, source device, log collection and event monitoring
• Awareness of security related qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, GIAC, CEH)
Interested? Next steps
We’re keeping this nice and simple - click the apply button. Fill in our short application and share your CV.