Do you have experience of working in a CMM Technician role?
Are you able to work in a fast paced, team orientated environment?
If so, you could be perfect for this role. We are currently looking to recruit a CMM Technician for one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers. Our client is establishing a brand new, state of the art facility in the Telford area, specializing in high pressure die-casting that will design and build medium to large aluminium automotive components.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively to support the customer and team through innovation, lessons learned and best practices
- Responsible for coordinating all quality activities throughout the launch process for specific defined area
- Interpret the customers systems and specifications and ensure they are met
- Schedule allocated activities to support all meetings and reviews related to line or product
- Support to ensure the phased/gated deliverables in the APQP process (and customer websites) are met on time
- Validate product quality requirement for tool buyoff and all build phase MRD's
- Comply with the MSA requirements and QMS Control of NCM.
- Coordinate program status updates with the QA Engineering
- To be able to operate all quality laboratory and measuring equipment (i.e. Microscope, Tensile Machine, X-ray, Hardness Tester, Spectrometer, Blister Oven)
- To be computer literate and able to use MS Office package (MiniTab would be an asset)
- Other duties as required.
- Ensure reports are double checked for errors and root cause is determined for all RED/Failed conditions
- Approx. 70% CMM, 30% X-ray/Blue Light Operation
Skills & Experience:
- Good communication skills
- Good literacy & numeracy skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Able to follow formal procedures
- Experience in automotive related field
- Able to work in various locations within and outside the plant -Customer area
- APQP & PPAP
- MSA, SPC, QMS and NCM
- Calypso Experience
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487216