Connect are a visionary communications partner, with over 130 people across 2 offices in Wolverhampton and Birmingham. We work with some of the world?s biggest brands to create and deliver a wide range of digital marketing, brand development and creative communications for our clients. At Connect, we combine creativity with technology to develop richer more immersive connections between our clients? brands and their customers, in an always-on-world. We call it the power of creatology. We work in an agile manner, driven by the values and behaviours of our culture for greater performance.
You are a master of all trades and a jack of some. Any trade you don't know, you can learn it and still deliver on time. You?re a superstar communicator, with strong work ethics, you thrive in a busy, hand?s on and challenging environment and you're a born perfectionist when it comes to delivering top notch work.
What you?ll be doing:
- Hands on delivery of software working within a Unix-Based development environment
- Working as part of cross functional teams whilst providing technical leadership
- Be an active member of the development team, specialising in your core competency but also working on projects using technologies with which maybe you are unfamiliar with
- Be responsible for estimating development effort on projects
- Help define and execute the development strategy
- Conduct code reviews to ensure quality standards are upheld
- Work closely with account directors, creative, and the client directly to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Mentor and develop other members of the team
- Implement and improve working practices
- Identify and research emerging market trends to ensure you are always on top of your game
- Experience of working within an agile environment
- At least five years development experience
- Proven ability to deliver a wide range of projects, large and small
- Expert knowledge of at least one object-oriented development environment (e.g. Java)
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Strong knowledge of software development practices, processes and theories, especially around Agile Development Principles
- Linux server admin experience
- Knowledge of at least one Java MVC Web development (ideally SpringMVC, alternatively Java MVC frameworks, or alternatively Struts or Struts 2)
Additional skills that would be a bonus:
- Knowledge of development frameworks other than the one you are expert in
- Team leadership experience
- Mentoring experience
- Responsive design and development
- Good client experience
- Mobile development, particularly iOS
- Experience in the automotive industry
Why work for Connect?
We will help you find your own clear path for career progression, natural growth and personal development through training and regular reviews.
We will also offer you an extremely competitive salary package and some nice benefits including;
- Healthcare plan
- Contributory Pension
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- 10% off at the local coffee shop
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays and your birthday off
- Free refreshments on every floor with fridge & microwave
- Company budget for company-wide social activities including Christmas party, seasonal events, BBQ?s, cinema outings
- Quarterly company meetings to hear about new stuff
At Connect Group, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you?ll be able to take pride in knowing you?re working with an award winning team on prestigious client projects every day. In return, Connect offer its people on-going support, coaching, and training to advance career development and individual choice.
If you think you are the right person for Connect and want to be part of the team, apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959440428