VBA Developer - Derby
VBA Developer ? Derby, East Midlands
Salary - 45k + 10% bonus and benefits, SQL, VBA, SSRS, SSIS, Excel, T-SQL
This exciting and established client is looking to add a VBA / SQL Developer to their development team based in Derby with good links to Derbyshire, Nottingham, etc. The successful VBA Developer will have proven experience in a similar role and your skills will include extensive VBA, SQL, T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS skills.
The role of VBA / SQL consultant requires a candidate with very strong technical skills who can interact and help identify opportunities for process and data management improvement using those skills.
The VBA Developer will be working directly with operations teams and management to gather their requirements, then advise, design, prototype, build, test and support the resulting solutions.
You will use advanced Excel and VBA skills and develop SQL Server databases to ensure your solution is robust and can feed other systems such as the company?s data warehouse. Solutions will vary in size from advice, very small projects to very complex solutions requiring considerable VBA expertise.
Core skills & experience
Develop T-SQL, stored procedures and functions
Develop tables, indexing and views
SQL Server Reporting Services
SQL Server Integration Services
- Work with a variety of business and technical contacts to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements;
- Design and document solutions, process maps and specifications;
- Develop prototypes and production ready solutions using Excel, VBA and SQL Server as the primary development tools;
- Understand the user perspective in order to create a suitable UI and user experience;
- Research and recommend third party modelling tools to assist the business in becoming more efficient;
- Implement data quality improvements to existing spreadsheets and processes;
- Assist with integration to other systems such as the CRM and company?s data warehouse;
- Provide UAT and ongoing support;
- Manage version control and upgrades;
- Act as a business efficiency ambassador promoting the benefits of using VBA based solutions;
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the development process to support a quality deliverable;
- Manage versions and upgrades
Due to the anticipated pace of growth it is essential that the candidate is flexible and creative; to ensure we maintain service to their clients whilst handling the challenges of a fast paced and diverse environment.
This is an excellent role for VBA / SQL Developers looking for an organisation that will allow them to meet their full potential through a mixture of training, access to senior developers and producing business critical, bespoke databases for a range of exciting clients.
SQL Developer, VBA Developer ? Excel, T-SQL, SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS ? Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Derbyshire, East Midlands
Send your CV to Sian now
Please follow us on twitter @erinassociates for similar roles
Erin Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488282