Senior Embedded Software Engineer
SENIOR EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER ENGINEER - DUNDALK, IRELAND - WORLD LEADING ENGINEERING ORGANISATION - MEASUREMENT, IMAGING & CONTROL SYSTEM PRODUCTS FOR THE PULP & PAPER INDUSTRY - EXCELLENT SALARY DOE + 10% BONUS + UP TO 6% DEFINED CONTRIBUTORY PENSION + PRIVATE MEDICAL SUBSIDISATION (INCLUDING FAMILY MEMBERS) + FLEXIBLE BENEFITS (EDUCATION ASSISTANCE + COMPANY SHARE SCHEME)
My client is a global leader in power and automation technologies operating in more than 100 countries worldwide, and employing 150,000 people. In the UK they operate from more than 20 locations nationally and employs approximately 3,000 people.
This is an opportunity for an experienced embedded software engineer to work within our clients R&D Centre in Dundalk, helping in the development of a range of market leading measurement, imaging and control system products for the global pulp and paper industry. These products are all brought together via software. The company i itself on software-led differentiation and digitisation with the Internet of Things, Services and People (IoTSP) as well as developing cutting edge software for industrial control applications. An opportunity has arose within the department for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join a group of high-achieving engineers to develop cutting edge software for industrial measurement and control applications.
- Design and development of Quality Control Systems (QCS) and Web Imaging (WIS) software products; Creating and maintaining robust, scalable, and operable software solutions;
- Providing detailed designs for new software products and writing quality code.
- Integrating measurement, imaging and control algorithms with supporting functions on embedded platforms for industrial applications.
- Evaluating new technologies for driving improvements in QCS/WIS product portfolio.
- Providing task estimates, project plans and regular progress reporting; Actively contributing with idea sharing, brainstorming etc. so as to contribute creatively; Producing professional design, test and product documentation; Effectively managing multiple priorities and multiple projects.
- Communicating effectively in both verbal (day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written forms (requirements and design specifications) with all stakeholders (local and remote);
- Occasional international travel will be required.
- Applicants should hold an honours degree in Electronics, Computing or related engineering discipline;
- Experience in an embedded software product development environment;
- Living within a commutable distance to Dundalk, Ireland OR a willingness to relocate to the area.
- Strong C\C++ programming skills;
- Experience with real-time, multi-threaded and M2M systems;
- Knowledge of software development processes, including configuration management, requirements gathering, specification/design, implementation, testing and release;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills;
- High level of innovation and motivation;
- Excellent Basic Salary - Will be discussed with all relevant applicants before CV submission.
- 10% annual bonus
- Private Medical Subsidisation
- Up to 6% defined cont pension
- 33 days holidays including stats
- Flexible benefits including company share scheme, education assistance and more!
Location: Dundalk, Ireland
Key Words: Automation, C++, Embedded Software engineer, embedded software engineering, embedded, R & D, R + D, R&D, IOTSP, Internet of things
Please contact Daniel Shaw at Cordant Technical & Engineering for more information on *************
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487012