IT Analyst Programmer
I.T Analyst Programmer
Based at BCA Automotive?s Yeovil office, the role of the Analyst Programmer is primarily the development and support of the BCA Automotive UK IT systems. They will be responsible for working with the user base and IT management to define functional requirements and to develop and test programs to allow the business systems to support these requirements.
These developments will comply with BCA automotive standards including the production of user documentation.
Reporting to the Business Systems Manager, the post holder?s key responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Provide IT support to the BCA Automotive Systems user base.
- Assisting in the design and development of requested system changes to support the ever growing and changing business requirements.
- Delivering fully tested and working system solutions, whether that be new development or amendments to existing systems.
- The production of system documentation and user manuals, and the training and support, off site and on site, of system users where required.
- Work alongside their IT colleagues in the development and technical departments, to provide an efficient and professional service to the whole business.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A strong background in the IBM I-series world.
- Very strong and mature RPG skills, preferably RPG 4.
- Experience in the full development life cycle, from requirement capture to delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of dealing with external and internal suppliers & customers.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a project team.
- Good time management to ensure developments are delivered to strict deadlines.
- Comprehensive experience of system testing.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of the Lansa Development environment would be asset.
- A knowledge of any form of web development would be a benefit.
- Knowledge of SQL, HTML, XML, XSL.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959441233