Lecturer in Biological Sciences
Hourly Paid Lecturer in Biological Sciences (8 Hours per week) £19.06 - £25.60 per hour Part Time Temporary
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and self-motivated individual to the role of Hourly Paid Lecturer in Biology. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding area of the curriculum, which boasts continued learner success and achievement.
The role will involve delivering Biology primarily at level 3 to adults and young learners (Access to HE Diploma/BTEC National). The ability to contribute towards the delivery of a Foundation Degree in microbiology would also be useful. The hours that you undertake to work may vary from zero – full time, from week to week and from month to month and will possibly involve evening work.
The successful candidate should:
- Have degree or (equivalent) in a Science subject, a biology specialism is desirable
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification or be willing to achieve within set period from appointment
- Have experience of teaching Biology.
- Have experience of working within a science related area
- Current knowledge and some industrial experience within relevant sector is desirable
- Teaching, training or experience of confidently delivering to an audience
- Be comfortable working within an FE environment
- Working with 16-18 year olds and adults
Closing Date: Friday 17 November 2017 Interviews: week commencing 27-Nov-2017
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV. You will then be sent an email directing you to the College Careers Portal to complete your application.