Java Developers (Digital) - Multiple needed
Java Software Developer to be trained up on Scala!
As a Java Software Developer, you will no doubt be looking at ways to get yourself on the bleeding edge of functional programming, my client are looking for you! the successful applicants will sit at the heart of the transformation of their services and will ensure that our client can become a Digital by Default' organisation. Using agile methods, you will be involved in all elements of development, with a relentless focus on how the service will be used. You will be involved in service design, code build, test, maintenance and support. We need a team of flexible, skilled developers with a love of web technology to realise our digital objectives.
- Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an agile environment that meet well-defined user needs.
- Participate in the rapid development of user-driven Digital prototypes;
- Building prototypes, writing tests, codes and documentations, implementing RESTful APIs, JSON ensuring continuous integration,
- Work in cross-functional teams to write and test production quality, sustainable code for world-class new and existing systems;
- Implement RESTful APIs for integration with internal and external systems;
- Ensure that new and updated digital services are thoroughly tested for performance and are able to handle specified load;
- Collaborate with all Scrum Team and Delivery Centre colleagues, providing feedback on more junior/apprenticeship developers where necessary;
- Contribute to a culture of continuous service improvement in which key systems owned by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved;
- Contribute to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration environment;
- Become involved in the wider web development community, building relationships with other developers and identifying best practices we can adopt;
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider digital team and across government;
- Providing second-line' support and occasional on-call' support.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent demonstrable commercial experience in programming and Back End software development with either Scala or Java - Scala is the preference, but we will train have the means to train strong Java Developers in the Scala language;
- Use and implementation of modern Front End web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON;
- Good understanding of web/agile technologies & protocols;
- Demonstrable experience in automated testing solutions;
- Proven problem solving skills: able to logically break down a problem into smaller manageable parts to solve;
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Proven ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques;
- Demonstrable knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems.
- Experience developing and using web-based APIs (especially HTTP REST based APIs);
- Experience with web frameworks such as Django, Ruby on Rails, Play Framework, Google Guice, Spring, MVC;
- Experience with open source solutions and community, including Linux system administration and configuration management skills;
- including Linux experience;
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, junit;
- Experience using and deploying on cloud based platforms;
- Experience working on technical projects within an agile team;
- Configuration management skills;
- Confluence and JIRA;
- Experience presenting work at user groups and conferences;
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites;
- Understanding of the use of responsive web design;
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage;
- Understanding of web security best practices and security application design, such as OWASP top 10;
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as git or subversion.
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering at Pace
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959484471