GDPR Programme Manager
Programme Manager – GDPR – EMEA
- Mentmore have been engaged to lead a search for a global brand name. As part of the gearing up for readiness for the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), this position has been created and released.
- As programme Manager you will lead and deliver strategic change to ensure compliance with GDPR. The role will be responsible for programme management of significant elements of work towards full compliance with the GDPR.
- The successful candidate must be an experienced Programme Manager with a proven track record of leading large scale, enterprise sized programme deliveries and transformations. Excellent stakeholder management skills are essential for this role.
- Define and manage key work streams within the overall GDPR Program.
- Partner with Division business and/or technical leads to create pragmatic plans and milestones.
- Manage significant elements of work towards full compliance with the GDPR.
- Provide overall program leadership, guidance, and oversee all aspects of the programme, including requirements gathering and implementation.
- Facilitate multiple senior stakeholder groups across the programme lifecycle, ensuring successful delivery of stakeholder needs, with optimal outcomes.
- Proactively drive progress for the assigned work streams, manage dependencies, resolve and escalate issues, report progress and manage project risks
- Assist with the planned implementation of GDPR across the division.
- Assist with the training and implementation framework of the GDPR programme across EMEA.
- Establish a timing plan for the project.
- Lead project on a day-to-day basis and project meetings to ensure key activities and milestones are achieved.
- Produce scorecards and metrics, and prepare presentations and reporting for senior management and internal stakeholders
- Identify, highlight and manage interdependencies to ensure alignment and momentum.
- Coordinate project activity within the organisation and third parties.
- Manage all aspects of the relationship with parties to ensure effective team working.
- Successful planning and implementation of all assigned work streams.
- Responsibility for meeting deadlines.
- Responsibility for ensuring all costs and resources associated with the projects are accounted for and within budget.
- Arrange project meetings – stakeholder teams, Steering Group.
- Communicate / report project progress and status to senior management team.
- Educated to degree level.
- Excellent programme and project management and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experienced in working on a Pan European basis is preferred
- Experience of working in multi-cultural teams
- Formal Programme and / or project management qualification desirable but not essential