Cisco Support Engineer (Shift)
cisco ccna ccent networking wan lan
Cisco Support Engineer (Shift) for a major network services company
Up to £25k base plus £7k pa shift allowance plus bonus and benefits
******* NOTE: THIS IS A 24/7 SHIFT ROLE****
This is an exciting and a unique opportunity to join a new Centre of Customer Service Excellence providing end to end service and support to our customers. You will be part of a talented team of Engineers passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
Our Centre of Service Excellence has been born from the vision to transform the way we deliver technical service to our customers.
You will be somebody with a passion for the customer; for learning new skills and behaviours and who has a strong team ethic focussed on delivering excellent customer service.
With the opportunity to be part of something new and exciting and focussed primarily on the customer; there will be fantastic opportunities to develop and grow both interpersonally and technically. A good knowledge of networking in a Cisco environment is essential across both data and VoIP technologies and an understanding of Cisco Unified communications will be helpful but equally important for this role is the customer mind-set.
Situated in a custom designed, state of the art Customer Service Excellence centre in Hull within easy access of the M62, you would be joining a new team at a really exciting time!
What will I be doing?
- Event Management 24/7 across complex customer solutions in the Consumer, SMB & Enterprise areas of our business
- Incident Management and technical resolution of services and support to all our customers, Engineers and Field Service Engineers
- Pro-actively managing our customers? networks, taking into account prioritisation and service impact
- Responding to Customer Incidents by performing support diagnostics, with occasional support co-ordination duties.
- Reporting, managing and progressing incidents that are to be resolved by 3rd Party contractors / service partners.
- Liaising with manufacturers and customers during incident escalations (e.g. Cisco & Avaya) at a technical level, as part of technical escalation and resolution of Incidents.
What do I need to do this job?
- Experience as a Datacoms / Telecom?s engineer in a Customer Service / support environment
- Cisco CCNA certification and / or applicable Network Support Specialist
- WAN Protocols, Routing Protocols, Switching, IP Telephony, Voice, Security, DWDM
- ITIL Foundation in Service Operations
- Good level of MS Office skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Must be able to work independently and self-manage
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Understanding of agile work practices
What are my hours of work?
You?ll be working 37.5 hours per week on a 24/7 shift rota basis.
You?ll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the flexible benefits scheme and 4 times salary life assurance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488406