DATA GOVERNANCE MANAGER
My Client, a large retail organisation is looking for a Data Governance Manager to assist the DPO & GDPR Programme Manager in implementing a Data Protection framework and culture.
The key responsibilities are:
This role will be accountable for the Data Protection & Governance Team who will:
- Maintain a central system of all data protection and governance policies and supporting control documents.
- Ensure that the policies required as part of the Data Protection & Governance Framework are maintained, executed and complied with at all times and, where appropriate, challenge the adequacy of the policies in enabling the business to be legally compliant.
- Work with the business and IT stakeholders to ensure that business processes, systems/applications and procedures are effective in meeting the current and future data protection legislation, and industry best practice; identifying areas of increased risk and developing remediation plans to address key risks (as required).
- Develop a risk-based programme of ongoing data compliance, approved by the DPO and the Internal Audit team.
- Appoint and manage Business Data Owners, ensuring that they comply with agreed processes and procedures to maintain the ongoing level of data integrity, quality and personal data audit requirements.
- Manage the Subject Access Request (SAR) process, both for employees and customers, ensuring that SARs are legally compliant and of appropriate quality.
- Maintain the Group?s definition of ?lawful basis for processing?, including carrying out Personal Impact Risk Assessments as and where required.
- Act as the central point for the Group to co-ordinate and report all data breaches to the DPO in accordance with regulation and legislation.
- Provide regular KPI / reporting to the DPO, and in turn the Board, to enable appropriate management of data governance and compliance.
- Responsible for co-ordinating any external investigation from the Information Commissioner?s Office (ICO) or governing authority on behalf of the DPO.
- Work with the Training Team to develop the Group?s ongoing training programme to ensure that employees understand and comply with their duties under data protection law.
- Deputise for the DPO at key meetings as and when required
The succesful candidate will have:
- The ability to work pro-actively, be results oriented, self-driven and to work independently
- Good presentation and report writing skills; ability to understand commercial requirements and apply them to the role
- The ability to problem solve in a constructive and timely manner and to actively seek to find solutions to problems
- Ability to co-ordinate people/teams that aren't direct reports
- Ability to see beyond the task and engage people with a purpose, creating an energising and rewarding atmosphere
- Thorough working knowledge of PECR, Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Excellent communication skills - confident and articulate communicator liaising with both internal and external contacts. Able to build relationships, impart information and ensure action is carried out to meet deadlines.
- Organised ? able to effectively plan and co-ordinate a range of ongoing activities for self and others.
- PC Skills ? to be a competent user of a range of software packages
If you are interested and have the relevant skills, please apply promptly and I will contact you to discuss further.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959489184