Technical IT Risk Manager Infrastructure Finance London
Technical IT Risk Manager (Reliability Incident Prevention Vulnerability Banking Infrastructure Application Resilience IT Operations Risk Lead Analyst Engineer Windows SQL Server Specialist Finance Banking) required by my banking client in London.
You MUST have the following experience:
- Current or recent experience in an IT department in a bank- assessing the resilience, reliability and vulnerability of infrastructure and applications across a department
- Incident and problem prevention management- generating solutions for minimising serious outages across the technical environment
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and application infrastructure (Windows Server, SQL, Linux or UNIX)
- Strong stakeholder management- collaboration with technical and non-technical stakeholders to assess and educate on IT Risk
The following would be DESIRABLE, not essential:
- Transactional banking
- Knowledge of Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, MSMQ, WebSphere MQ
- CISM, CISSP, CRISC, SANS certifications
- ISO27000, ITIL, COBIT
Role: Technical IT Risk Manager for the Private Banking arm of an international bank in London. You will be the sole Infrastructure and Application Risk/Resilience Manager for this department of 650 users in the UK, reporting into the Private Bank Head of Risk, Head of IT and central Head of IT Risk, who operate across all banking departments of 3000+ users. You will be responsible for assessing IT reliability and stability for this business unit; using risk/vulnerability/reliability frameworks to co-ordinate, facilitate and complete assessments of existing IT solutions and proposed implementations occurring over the next 12 months. You will be heavily working with the IT department and therefore a technical background, ideally including a knowledge of infrastructure and application infrastructure, is essential. This is not a Service Manager role. There are other managers who look after Problem, Change and Incident Management.
You will also be involved in the IT reliability and resilience assessments on a number of programmes in areas such as data protection (General Data Protection Regulation GDPR), client onboarding, mortgage automation, regulatory portfolios and transactional banking initiatives.
This is an excellent bank with a unique, flat hierarchy with minimal bureaucracy, allowing for rapid delivery and autonomy in the role. Recognition is excellent, promoting a meritocratic culture. Hours are 9-5. Retention is high.
Salary: £70k- £95k + 25% Bonus + 10% Pension
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959449207