INFORMATION GOVERNANCE PROJECT OFFICER
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: INFORMATION GOVERNANCE PROJECT OFFICER
JOB TITLE: INFORMATION GOVERNANCE PROJECT OFFICER
SALARY: £25,000 p/a pro rata (£15,000 p/a actual)
HOURS: PART TIME 22.5 hours p/w (FTC 12 Months)
THE COMPANY: Our client?s purpose is to support the development of a high quality health & social care sector in the areas of Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin. They offer interesting work in a small friendly team located in a pleasant rural environment in Annscroft, nr Shrewsbury.
THE ROLE: You will be responsible for supporting the Independent Care Sector in Shropshire to develop and improve their existing information governance arrangements. You will provide relevant advice, information and education to the Care Sector in Shropshire to support and enable them to do this. Through this you will enable Care Homes in Shropshire to meet the requirements of the NHS Information Governance toolkit in order that they can access NHSMail accounts.
Are you/Do you have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the Data Protection Ac 1998, Statutory Records, Management Control procedures, the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations, acting as a source of expertise and guidance to the Care Sector organisation.
- Broad knowledge of information governance principles and practices including the NHS Information Governance Toolkit, General data Protection Regulations, Cyber Essentials
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Experience of developing, organising & delivering training programmes
- Effective interpersonal & influencing skills
- Experience of developing, organising & delivering IG developments
- Prioritise own work load and schedule activities
- Ability to reflect critically on own and other people?s practice and development
- Be able to use a range of IT Software (Microsoft Office ? Powerpoint/Word/Outlook)
- Project Management skills
- Relevant Information Governance or Data Protection qualification/certificate eg ISEB, CISMP
- Teaching/Training Qualification- PTLLS/CTLLS or an equivalent qualification Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) qualifications homeQualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) qualifications home
- Project management qualification ? eg PRINCE2
- Awareness of issues relating to Information Governance legislation
- Knowledge of the Social Care Sector
- Enthusiasm for the post
- Willingness to travel within the locality
- Experience in Health and Social Care sector
- Full Driving License and own car
Key Responsibilities of the job role to include:-
- To provide specialised knowledge to Care Sector Managers and their staff, with clear guidance in order they can ensure that their service meets both its statutory and legal obligations.
- To work closely with the independent care sector.
- To facilitate the dissemination of relevant information and policy templates to the Care Sector ensuring they are aware of standards which need to be adhered to and to keep up to date on information governance aspects
- To provide specialist advice and technical support in relation to information governance in the requirements/implications of systems, products and services
- To support the Care Sector to implement ?Cyber Solutions? through providing information, education and advice.
- To provide advice and guidance on any new developments and legislative changes in relation to Data Protection, including the implementation of the General Data Protection regulations in 2018.
- To develop and deliver training and awareness programmes to support Information Governance and Data Protection in the Care Sector.
- To provide advice and information based upon the legislation and ethics of information related decisions in relation to confidentiality and data protection.
- To provide information, education and advice in relation to supporting the care sector to have in place effective mechanisms for reporting and managing Serious Untoward Incidents relating to Information governance and information security.
- To ensure that your own knowledge and skills are kept up to date and maintain your continuing professional development.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times when dealing with sensitive information.
- To undertake any other duty as required and agreed
In return we can offer you:
- Attractive salary
- Employer pension.
Does this sound like you? To apply for the role please hit the ?apply now? button and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487551