Technology Engineer (R&D)
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Technology Engineer. This is an opportunity to join a market leading manufacturer who operate in the Aerospace and Defence industries. The company are working on some of the latest technology projects and this opportunity will involve research and development of their novel technology.
You will be qualified ideally to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline, with a demonstrable interest in product design and development within an aerospace or defence environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of new materials and technologies against technical requirements.
- Design of prototype units and test specimens, ensuring an optimal solution against requirements (including CAD design and drawings for manufacture).
- Preparation of technical reports - internal and external.
- Hands-on manufacturing and assembly work of prototype units; working closely with engineering technician staff
- Specifying, developing and co-ordinating test activities e.g. Icing Wind Tunnel, impact testing
- Customer and supplier liaison.
- Compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation and Company's Policies.
We are looking for applicants who have experience with Catia V5 or a similar package, along with structured problem solving experience. This is an opportunity for someone to make a real contribution to complex engineering projects. Experience in a research and development environment would be ideal along with experience in the manufacture of composite components.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487557