To be a subject matter expert, support and lead the delivery of projects to the business providing critical outputs to maintain effective and timely operation of manufacturing processes.
Key responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- To competently manage significant office, laboratory and factory based projects, in line with agreed business targets and priorities.
- Supervise work of contractors.
- Take responsibility for and manage projects providing appropriate level of support.
- Lead major projects through appointment of suitable team.
- Lead technical investigations as required for specific projects.
- Generate protocols and reports, making recommendations where appropriate.
- Provide technical information on appropriate areas to all functions within the business.
- Provide project updates and presentations to all levels of the business.
- Support facilities operated by the department.
- Lead project teams to completion of work within agreed budget and time constraints.
- Plan and identify in advance, workload requirements and opportunities.
- Organise and prioritise workload, providing accurate lead times to the Engineering and Facilities Manager and the wider business.
- Maintain project documentation and files and, where appropriate, suggest improvements to systems and procedures.
- Prepare documentation for circulation internally and externally.
- Prepare development plans with direct reports in order to drive department to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure all assigned activity is carried out in accordance with appropriate internal and external quality systems.
- Take responsibility for DOMs and ensure that they are regularly updated to meet current requirements and appropriate personnel are trained
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with appropriate internal and external health & safety procedures.
- Ensure all documentation is in place to support these activities.
Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- Professional experience working in an engineering environment.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience leading multi-disciplined project teams on major projects
- Demonstration of management of capital budgets in excess of £500,000
- Lean manufacturing
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Organised, able to meet deadlines and prioritise workload.
Please ask for further details
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959490506