SCIENCE TECHNICIAN PHYSICS
SCIENCE TECHNICIAN - PHYSICS
22.5 hours per week
Term time, plus 5 staff training days and 5 additional days
£8.5477 Per hour
45.8 paid weeks pa with annual starting salary of £8,808 based on 22.5 hours pw.
In this role you will be working alongside a small team of Science Technicians who provide support to our KS3, KS4 and A level Science programme. Each technician specialises and this vacancy is within our Physics Department where the post holder will job-share with another member of the team.
The key tasks within this post are:
* To provide specialist assistance and support
* Prepare and assemble teaching resources, apparatus and equipment.
* Take a lead role in the design, development and maintenance of any specialist equipment
* To prepare and maintain classrooms, laboratories and workshops,
* To contribute to teaching sessions as required
* Equipment repairs
* Safe storage of equipment
* Disposal of waste products
* Stock management
* Health and Safety
You will need to be able to work to A level standard so A Level Physics or an appropriate academic qualification will be an advantage. Alternatively you may have gained suitable experience elsewhere.
We are fortunate enough to be able provide an extensive programme of experiments within the curriculum which this makes this role busy and key to the success our students achieve.
£8.5477 per hour equating to £8,808 - £9,493 The FTE for this post is £16,491 - £17,772 at age 21 and over.
Interested? Don't hesitate! Click "apply" now to download our application form
Closing date: Thursday 16 November 2017