Commercial Solicitor (Team Manager)(PQE 3-5)
We have been instructed by a national heavyweight to recruit for a National Commercial Solicitor to be based from their Leeds City Centre offices. With 8 offices across the UK, they provide exceptional commercial legal services to a broad range of organisations from public bodies to PLCs and OMBs.
This purpose of this role is to assist the partners and other case handlers with their caseloads, and to manage your own caseload of predominantly commercial matters. Having had previous exposure and experience of corporate law, you will be able to provide general commercial advice to clients and you will manage cases in accordance with your clients? SLAs. Dealing with household names as clients will not be alien to you.
You will ideally be a qualified solicitor with between 3-5 years PQE. The ideal candidate will also have / be the following:
- Strong experience of commercial work. Especially in drafting and negotiating supply, services, consultancy, agency, franchising, outsourcing and general commercial contracts and advising on how to manage associated risks;
- High-level of commercial awareness, with strong attention to detail;
- Conscientious, hardworking, with developed critical thinking abilities and excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team within the commercial team supporting more senior and junior staff and across the wider firm on larger projects;
- Ideally experienced in projects / commercial agreements for the public sector and universities;
- Ideally experienced in corporate work such as shareholders? agreements and transaction support;
- Familiarity with and genuine interest in the commercial sector;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Methodical, organised approach;
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, targets and client protocols while maintaining high standards in terms of accuracy and quality;
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485672