IT Support Manager
We are looking for a technically minded IT Support Manager to manage the day to day application and infrastructure services. You will also lead the transformational program to embed long term service improvement and value.
You will have
- Good understanding and experience of working in an ITIL environment.
- Proven experience of embedding processes throughout a service function and managing change.
- Promote IT Services throughout the organisation and deliver quality service to internal/external customers.
- Embed rigorous processes to document, monitor, maintain and manage infrastructure and ensure a secure service delivery.
- Possess good communication skills at all levels and effectively liaise with other Managers within the business.
- Build a good relationship with the IT Helpdesk Team Leader to establish best practice and processes to best plan and satisfy demand.
- Previous experience in carrying out change practices for the control of projects into BAU and ensure live changes to processes are carried out in a coordinated way.
- Identify, design, plan and implement projects to provide the correct services for Support Services taking into account business and supplier SLA's.
What skills you will need
- 5+ years' experience of managing enterprise level service delivery within a medium to large organisation.
- You will excel and be excited in taking ownership of the infrastructure roadmap working closely with the Head of IT Service.
- Be a strong leader of people, engage effectively with the IT services team and create a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrable experience of introducing ITIL, embedding process and improving levels of service.
- You will have evolved from an infrastructure background and progressed to management.
- Experience of infrastructure/data centre and VOIP telephony.
- Ability to identify, set-up and negotiate service of support contracts in order to provide a high level of service and support to a UK wide workforce.
- Understanding of cloud and previously supported a cloud environment.
- Experience of managing multiple IT programmes/projects and experience of formal project methodologies (e.g. PRINCE).
- Must have a strong knowledge of a full Microsoft technology stacks with significant understanding of troubleshooting, remote user access, network and switch technologies and desktop virtualisation.
- To support IT infrastructure operations including but not limited to:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Microsoft Office
- Office 365
- Networking equipment and configuration
- Microsoft System Centre
- VMware services
- CITRIX services
- IP Telephony
- Datacentre support
- SQL Server
- To assist in designing and transitioning new services to operations.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of internal IT processes and assist in the communication of such processes to the business.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN, EMC back up and SAN technologies is also essential.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959483879