Polar Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading international IT client for an skilled DevOps Engineer with proven experience in end to end automation development and delivery, to join the existing team. The DevOps Engineer will display deep understanding of the end to end automation development process including requirements analysis, solution design, build, test and deployment.
- Work collaboratively to determine how best to utilise tools & techniques involving infrastructure as code, configuration management and other DevOps techniques to improve delivery efficiency.
- Investigate ways to reduce manual updates/changes needed to complete deployments and maintenance tasks.
- Develop and build reusable, repeatable automation products.
- Work closely with the Devops automation lead to establish a Continuous Improvement-Continuous Delivery (CI-CD) culture.
- Provide feedback to delivery teams on ways products can be more usable and accessible for internal and external programmatic use (API and above)
- Work across the group to assure adoption of core principals
- Provide architectural guidance to assure optimal delivery models using correct processes and tooling.
- Some (limited) travel will be required to other UK offices.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar DevOps positon within an IT Services environment
- Experience of development/scripting within multi technology environments
- Experienced with Windows and Unix (Solaris / HP-UX / AIX / Linux)
- Good understanding of web technologies, scripting languages, databases, virtual machine environments.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure automation tooling (Ansible)
- Understanding of application deployment/configuration processes.
- Understanding of source code control, preferably Git.
- Strong documentation skills.
The DevOps Engineer will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating role, with an attractive salary and benefits package, allied to superb career advancement opportunities with a market leader within the IT Services sector
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488309