Bristol United Kingdom
This post is for a systems engineer to work within the engineering function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK). BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including Through Life Support for the Chinook Fleet, training and support for the Apache Fleet, Logistic Information Services, Training Programmes and C4ISR services
As part of the engineering function, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of programmes and business development opportunities and contribute to engineering excellence across the company
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible to the Boeing Defence UK Systems Engineering Manager for technical management and design of systems solutions, providing technical input for all aspects of projects, including design and system integration and providing support in order to facilitate the delivery of projects within time and budget, and maintain customer satisfaction
- The role is fundamental in translating customer needs/requirements into appropriate solutions. It requires the successful candidate to work in and/or manage multidisciplinary teams to both generate proposals and develop deliverable solutions. He/she will provide Systems Engineering expertise across all stages of the project lifecycle and be responsible for translating perceived customer needs in to acceptable systems solutions
- Working collaboratively as part of an integrated Boeing and supplier team to jointly deliver cost effective fieldable solutions.
- The role will include working autonomously and as part of various teams and may involve the specification and procurement of materials for projects in order to meet project delivery timescales.
- The successful candidate will also: Review technical aspects of Invitations to Tender and specifications and assess customer technical requirements; Plan, organise and monitor the work of other Engineers to ensure all targets and quality standards are met at all times; provide technical oversight to suppliers; instill engineering best practices and processes to enhance engineering excellence and promote continuous improvement
- Determining and managing stakeholder requirements
- System Design including aspects of: Architectural design, Concept generation, Functional analysis, Interface Management, Maintaining Design Integrity, Modelling and Simulation, Select Preferred Solution, System Robustness, Integration & Verification, Validation and Transition to Operation
- Systems Engineering Management, including: Integration of Specialisms; Lifecycle Process Definition; Planning, Monitoring and Control, including tailoring of generic processes, the identification, assessment, analysis and control of systems engineering risks and monitoring and control of progress
- The application of the fundamental concepts of systems thinking to systems engineering. These include: understanding what a system is; its context within its environment; its boundaries and interfaces; its lifecycle and an appreciation of the role the system plays in the super system of which it is a part.
- The definition, development and production of systems within an enterprise and technological environment.
- The tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and processes.
- A Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or and engineering related field is required with experience in developing, maintaining and/or managing systems/services
- The ideal candidate will have good Project Engineering Experience (System Design, Project Planning,); Good SE knowledge and skills, Excellent IT skills; Excellent Customer Facing Skills
- He / she will also have experience in C4ISR together with some of the following areas: Air Platforms, Space Systems, Weapons Systems, Communications Systems and Networks, Logistics Management Systems, Data Visualisation, Training Systems and Training Related Technology
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959443397