F P & A Accountant
At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Purpose of the Role:
This role, reporting directly to the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, is required to help manage and drive the long-term business plan for the business as well as control and manage the detailed financial forecasting and reporting models for McLaren Automotive Limited (MAL). To manage and challenge inputs provided by different areas of the business and ensure timely delivery and accuracy of all financial reporting and analysis. To contribute to efficiency and process improvements, analyse and challenge financial and non-financial data.
Based in Woking, the role is required to work across a variety of teams within McLaren Automotive to ensure accuracy of financial and non-financial data reported within the business. The role will be responsible for the development and maintenance of complex financial forecasting tools. A key component of the role will be daily interaction and support of the Director of Business Strategy as well as regular interaction with the other Directors throughout the business. Other dimensions will include areas such as reviewing and improving the financial information provided to support key business decision and other ad hoc project work. The role will include exposure to all senior management across MAL as well as assisting them with understanding variances to forecast, budgets as well as challenging the wider finance team in terms of their submissions.
The main accountabilities are:
- Support Director of Business Strategy on feasibility studies and long term strategic developments.
- Development of the reporting capability in SAP.
- Developing and improving the monthly Executive Board reporting pack.
- Ownership of the forecasting, budget, and long term business planning financial models.
- Review and improvements of the above said models.
- Management of and challenge of all inputs into the financial models, including liaising with and challenging both the operation and finance teams providing those inputs.
- Driving improvement in the efficiency and accuracy of the forecasting model.
- Maintenance of the forecast, actualisation and roll-forward each month.
- Support the preparation of material for Board reports and meetings.
- Support the preparation of material for weekly Executive meetings and monthly offsite meetings.
- Ad hoc project work and analysis.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Highly advanced excel skills and ability to deal with large volumes of complex data is essential.
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills, along with adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience working within low volume automotive / manufacturing companies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, networking, collaboration, and interpersonal skills - ability to build relationships of trust with a wide range of individuals.
- Proactive approach to working practices.
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and in challenging conditions.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Personal Lease Car Schemes, subsidised restaurant and onsite Gym. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering projects.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474234